Life is about moving forward. If we move backward, then we are living in the past. Reflect on the past to propel yourself further but sometimes progress is s-l-o-w. Times like this are to remind us, we are growing in an area of our life that took years to develop. Our mindset is always evolving by what we surround and tell ourselves. The habits we have did not form overnight. So why do we expect progress to happen any sooner than it is suppose to?
How do you get from where you are now to where you want to be in life?
- Find inspirational sources to encourage you
- Listen to powerful music
- Align your life with the vision you have for yourself
- Inspire others
- Dream bigger
Two songs that have got me excited for what is to come are “Hope In Front of Me” by Danny Gokey and “Am I Wrong” by Nico & Vinz.
If you LIKE my business page on Facebook, you will see a common thing happening on Fridays I call a “Friday Focus”. The topic varies by what you suggest or what comes to mind. My goal is to help YOU, the reader, to take away something valuable than you may not have considered before. If you want to contribute to an upcoming Friday Focus, please leave me a comment and we can make it happen.
In my personal life, I am dating a Private First Class United State Marine. His name is Rob, always known as, My Handsome. He has graduated from Parris Island in early June and is almost over with SOI or Marine Combat Training in N.C. We are eight days and counting until we hear what his … Continue reading
Sometimes it is good to finish something now rather than later. Wouldn’t you agree?
I have heard my mom tell me that a body in motion stays in motion for as long as I can remember. After not giving my mom enough credit, I started a new workout routine that involves running. I loathe running. Running is the most painful thing I can put my body though an extended period. Trust me, I have done the HIIT/Bootcamp/CrossFit training before, but running is a whole new ball game. After a few weeks of hitting the pavement, I must say it is finally getting easier to go the distance.
So what does all this have to do with the mind? I decided to use the same logic for my business goals. It’s one thing to write them down and “work” on them throughout the year while it’s another to start reaching them. Once I sent out my first proposal of the year, I was looking forward to sending out my second. Success doesn’t come overnight, but the mentality you have to keep moving gets you there.
Today, right now, are you happy with where you are in life? What needs to change? Do it.
Got an excuse?
Tell it to someone who is in the same boat as you and you won’t grow.
Tell it to someone who was once where you were and they will encourage you today is the day to make a change.
Here are some practical ways to keep your mind in motion:
- Define success. What is the vision you have when you reach your goal? Describe as if it were today.
- Make a plan to get there. Take steps, sometimes it takes one day at a time but keep moving.
- Reward yourself. When you take a step further than you were yesterday, reward yourself without taking a step back.
- Share results with your peers. It is only fair to share with your peers when you fail and succeed.
- Ask for an accountability partner. This is the push you need when your mind is battling the old-thinking and new-thinking.
- Encourage others. When you encourage others, it is a self-motivator to keep going yourself to be an example. It is not a pride thing, but a sense of respect others may have toward you.
- Find a mentor. Invest time with him or her to help you grow in the areas you are not able to on your own.
If you LIKE my business page on Facebook, you will see a common thing happening on Fridays I call a “Friday Focus”. The topic varies by what you suggest or what comes to mind. My goal is to help YOU, the reader, to take away something valuable than you may not have considered before.
When I made a decision to chase my dreams, this is what I told myself.
Has everyday life gotten any easier? No.
Have I found time to do all the things I want to do? Not exactly.
Is it worth it? One day, I’ll see the fruit of my labor.
What keeps you going? The path of my future gets closer with every step.
Reasons to smile (:
Keep chasing your dreams.
Fall into a routine that will keep you sane.
Don’t give up because you’re worth investing in.
Live the life you want to live.